This whipped shea body butter recipe is great if you are out of beeswax. It can be done in your kitchen for less than 20 minutes.
Shea Butter comes from the nut of the African shea tree and has many benefits for the skin and is naturally rich in Vitamins A, E, and F, as well as a number of other vitamins and minerals.
Vitamins A and E help to soothe, hydrate, and balance the skin. They also provide skin collagen which assists with wrinkles and other signs of ageing. Vitamin F contains essential fatty acids, and helps protect and revitalize damaged skin and hair.
I’ve also used organic camellia seed oil which is light, not greasy, absorbs easily, has barely any scent but it is emollient, anti-aging, astringent. It is also very rich in oleic acid and vitamins A, B, D and E as well as Omega 3, 6 and 9
The last ingredients I have used is mango butter comes from the tropical mango tree and is cold-pressed from the seeds of the mango fruit. The benefits of mango butter are numerous but it is great to treats and moisturizes dry, ashy, sensitive and rough skin. Plus it is a natural source of vitamin A,C and E and it helps to protect against UV rays.
This body butter recipe is an intense moisturizer and is wonderful for revitalizing dull or dry skin on the body or even scalp.
Try this all natural and simple whipped body butter recipe right in your kitchen!
Whipped Shea Body Butter Recipe
- Put the shea and mango butter in a glass or metal bowl inside a pan filled with water on low heat so they starts melting slowly
- once melted add the camelia seed oil and mix well.
- Put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Then take it out and start whipping with an electric whip on low speed.
- Make sure you wear an apron and that the bowl is deep enough so the butter does not start flying around everywhere in the kitchen!
- Begin whipping your mixture on low speed until it become foamy.
- Once the mixture is foamy, increase the speed to high until they become whipped to the desired stage.
- Add essential oils if desired at the end and whip for 1 min or less.
- Your butter will have a very fluffy and light consistency, like a nice whipped cream!
Since this body butter recipe has no water, it can keep from 6 months to a year depending on the shelve life of the ingredients used.
Yield: about 4 oz