Oh the smell of coffee…While I don’t drink it, the smell always leaves me sniffing the air and wanting for more! This coffee body scrub recipe will leave yours skin smooth and well hydrated. Coffee basically “buffs” your skin and gives it a nice golden glow. Plus it can reduce the appearance of cellulite!
One coffee body scrub application won’t get rid of cellulite, but if you keep this as a routine once or twice a week along a healthy diet and regular exercise, it should help getting rid of the orange skin appearance.
How does that work?
The caffeine in this coffee body scrub recipe is a stimulant and dilates blood vessels. It basically tones and tightens your skin but only for a short period of time.
The major benefit is that it increases circulation, improves collagen and elastin production as well reduces water retention.
Bottom line, this coffee body scrub smells amazing, it’s super easy and fun to make and I loved the result on my skin.
- In a fast blender mix sugar and coconut oil until they are just blended. You don’t want to mix too long as this will break down the sugar and melt the coconut oil.
- Pour the sugar and coconut oil in an aluminum bowl placed in a another bowl filled with cold iced water
- Start whipping the scrub with an electric mixer until the scrub is fluffy and creamy
- Add the ground coffee and liquid soap until they are just combined.
- Put the scrub in a pretty container and use within 1 month.
- If it’s hot (more than 25C) in your apartment, keep it in the fridge. Otherwise you can leave it at room temperature.
- Use weekly in the morning shower as body scrub, gently scrub your body but avoid sensitive areas.
Just make sure you don’t run cold water as this will harden the coconut and might clog your pipes temporarily.
Please let me know how you like this recipe in the comments below, i look forward to your feedback!