I created this Himalayan Pink Salt DIY Foot Scrub & Soak Recipe to remove all those nasty dead and hard skins and have baby smooth feet… This is also a great detox DIY foot scrub recipe!
Did you know that Chinese medicine believes that feet are like a “mirror” of the entire body? The body tends to push excess toxins towards the foot because it is the furthest away from the vital organs.
If your feet are unclean, the detoxification process is much more difficult and the toxins may stay inside your body instead of going away.
Himalayan Pink Salt has a rich mineral content that includes over 84 minerals including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron… This salt has a beautiful pink colour and is well known for its therapeutic properties.
Cooking with Himalayan Pink Salt in moderate amounts provides essential minerals, balances electrolytes, supports proper nutrient absorption, eliminates toxins, balances the body’s pH.
You could also use sea salt for this recipe which also contains plenty of goodies like magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, zinc and iodine.
- Whip the coconut oil with an electric hand whipper for a few minutes until it is white and fuffly.
- Ensure it is cold enough to be in solid form otherwise you won’t be able to whip it!
- Combine the all the ingredients together and blend well.
- Then pour in a pretty glass container.
- This also makes a great gift!
- Use a loofa or a glove to gently massage your feet for a few minutes with the scrub.
- Once you have scrubbed your feet, put them in warm water and add the rest of the DIY foot scrub if there are any left.
- Soak your feet for 15 minutes. Take a good book and relax!
- Scrub your feet for a few minutes again to remove the dead skins and then rinse well with water.
- Moisturise with your homemade shea body butter.
Please let me know how you like this recipe in the comments below!
Happy beautiful baby smooth feet,