Mango butter has natural emollient, wound healing, and regenerative properties. Coconut oil is suitable for inflamed and irritated skin and has a natural Sfp of 2. My Essential oil blend with Roman chamomile, lavender and frankincense is a powerful anti-inflammatory and I must say I am in love with the natural summer like scent! This is an easy to make body cream recipe with beeswax and it can be made right in your kitchen.
- Oil phase: 7 teaspoons total– (70%)
- 2 teaspoons of organic mango butter
- 2 teaspoons of organic unrefined coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of organic kukui oil (or another light oil like saflower oil)
- Water phase 2 teaspoons -( 20%)
- 2 teaspoons of chamomile flower wateror aloe vera juice
- Natural Emulsifier: (5 %)
- 1 teaspoon of organic and unrefined beeswax pellets
- EO Optional:
- 15 drops of organic Roman Chamomile essential oil
- 5 drops of organic lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of organic frankincense essential oil
- You can buy glass, plastic or alluminum cream containers on mountain rose herbs or amazon.com. If you live in canada, go to amazon.ca as you will avoid hefty customs fees that way.
- Add all the oils and beeswax to your double boiler or stainless steel bowl in a pan filled with water on low heat until they are melted.
- At the same time, combine the water phase in a pan (bain marie or double boiler) on low heat lowest possible so that it gets to the same temperatures as the oils.
- Stir gently to blend.
- Once the oils are melted, take it off the heat and start whipping with an electric mixer for a few minutes, at the same time add the water spoon by spoon.
- Your liquids will turn into a cream.
- Add the essential oils and mix well.
Keeps well for one month – always use clean hands when using the cream – a little goes a long way!
Yield: about 2 Oz