Have you heard about Aquafaba? It is a revolutionary ingredient that you used to throw away…that is until now!
Aquafaba is the goopy slimy liquid that you find in the garbanzo bean cans. Crazy, right?! It is also pure magic…
It is an amazing egg white replacer and a breakthrough in vegan cooking! Once you start baking with Aquafaba, a whole new world of baking will open up to you!
I made some banana bread, pancakes, chocolate mousse, coco rocher, sweet potato gnocchi, muffins…get the strawberry chia seed vegan muffin recipe here. As you see I’ve been quite obsessed!
You can also make vegan cheese, mayo, butter, cakes, macaroons… the sky is the limit in the vegan world of cooking or baking!
I like to buy eden organics can food. Why? Because it is organic and most importantly the can lining do not contain BPA. BPA is another endocrine disrupting chemical and has been linked to cancer… Sadly it is very common and can be found in dental sealants, water bottles, the lining of canned foods and drinks, and many other products. So make sure your product packaging are BPA free!
Aquafaba face mask recipe.
You’ve probably heard of egg whites as a great face mask to tightened pores and even skintone?
Well aquafaba is also a great way to tightened pores, even skin tone and heal blemishes or acne. It also works wonderfully as a spot treatment. Leave this aquafaba face mask as a spot treatment overnight and you will wake up to a dried, almost gone pimple!
I’ve added a little bit of fresh lemon juice as it is antibacterial and helps getting rid of blackheads. It is also a powerful astringent and reduces skin discolouration.
Tea tree essential oil is a natural antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-fungal. It works wonders to treat acne. Essential oils are powerful so make sure to not increase the dosage to avoid skin sensitivities.
- 1 aquafaba liquid from 1 organic chickpea garbanzo bean can (about ½ cup of aquafaba)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh organic lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of guar gum (optional - The guar gum helps making the aquafaba more dense and stable.)
- 1 drop of tea tree essential oil
- Combine aquafaba and guar gum in a deep bowl.
- Whipped the aquafaba liquid with an electric egg white beater for 5 minutes or until you get stiff peaks like egg whites.
- Do not stop beating aquafaba until the 5 minute mark or it might turn back to liquid.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this vegan egg white mixture and add the lemon juice and essential oil. Stir well.
- Apply to your face for 15 minutes or until dry.
- Gently rinse your face with warm water.
- Moisturize and voila, shiny and tight face skin!
- Use the leftover aquafaba to make this delicious vegan and gluten free strawberry chia seed muffin recipe I created!